Anyone up-to-date with the latest beauty trends may have noticed that gemstone facial tools have been sweeping the internet by storm, from Facial Rollers to Gua Sha tools- and for good reason. They may seem like a fad to some, but they have been used since the 7TH CENTURY, originating from Chinese skincare routines. The use of other crystals for skincare has also been seen in the Middle Ages and ancient India.
- Calms inflammation
- Reduces puffiness in the face, especially the under-eye area
- Stimulates detoxification
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
- Promotes product penetration
- Boosts circulation and oxygenates the skin
- Brightens the complexion
- Tightens pores
- Reduces wrinkles
- Plumps up the skin
- Simply FEELS AMAZING and relaxing
Facial Roller vs Gua Sha:
The facial roller is often used as more of a quick and convenient tool to stimulate blood flow, drainage, and to combat puffiness. It can stimulate immediate relief from a rash or heated flush. On the other hand, the gua sha tool is often associated with spending more time indulging in the ritual of skincare, while going a bit deeper. It is a tool used to release muscle tension, release deep-set wrinkles, and stimulate movement with deeper cystic conditions.
Why Rose Quartz?:
Rose Quartz is known as the Crystal of Venus, the Goddess of Love and Beauty. Rose Quartz is said to purify and open the heart, bringing compassion and self-love to the person who uses it.
How to use the Gua Sha:
After washing your face, apply your favorite oil-based serum to your face. Hold the gua sha tool with the curved side to your face and glide it gently up and out, starting with the neck, jawline, chin, and around the mouth, between 3-5x per area. Then sweep across cheeks and gently glide under the eyes, across your eyebrows and from your forehead up to your hairline. Lastly, sweep it up your neck to release muscle tension and promote lymph drainage.
How to use the Colorjust Rose Quartz Roller:
Start by applying your favorite serum/facial cream. There are two different ways to use the roller. One is in a gentle downward movement. This detoxifies and promotes lymphatic drainage. The second is in a more vigorous and rejuvenating upward movement. This stimulates circulation and oxygenates the skin.
After each use, wipe it down with a clean cloth or wipe. For deeper cleaning, use warm water and soap the way other beauty tools are cleaned. Pat dry afterward to avoid rusting the metal. Some crystal experts advise to leave it out under the full moon to cleanse and charge the crystal.
- Pop it into the refrigerator before using it. This will have a calming effect on your skin and feel especially relieving on puffy eyes.
- Use your gemstone roller over a sheet mask or hydrating face mask of your choice to intensify your treatment and promote deep hydration.
- The smaller side is best for depuffing around the eyes, and the larger side is best for promoting lymphatic drainage around the jawline, cheeks and forehead!
Click HERE to Shop our Rose Quartz Facial Roller!